55° Sonoma, CA

Dragon's Tale

The Student News Site of Sonoma Valley High School

THE DRAGON'S TALE
THE DRAGON'S TALE

Enchanted Garden: A Night to Remember

Solana, Tiana Crowned Royalty
Chris Lopez
Krisbechillin crowd surfing at prom

SVHS students attended Prom at B.R. Cohn Winery on Saturday, May 18, a celebration of the completion of the 2023-2024 school year. The event was packed with activities such as “The 360”, a stand where students stood in the middle of a spinning camera, posing as they came into view. The event also provided catering, such as pizza, sliders, ice cream, and other refreshments. There were also photographers capturing the best moments of the night. Students shared many laughs and danced throughout the night. 

The night was capped with the SVHS 2024 Prom royalty awarded to Solana Staes and Tiana Harris. Cameras flashed and cheers erupted as they walked down the aisle formed by students. Tiana Harris explained, “It was a big accomplishment because we have done everything together, and winning together just put the cherry on top.” Solana Staes claimed that she “felt very happy because Tiana and I have done so many things together, and winning this was a very big moment for us.” 

The royalty claims they anticipated the win as they publicized their nominations before the dance, and Tiana used her lash business to spread the word. Solana and Tiana explain that their connections at school through activities such as sports involvement and leadership roles helped them to gain votes. 

The celebration was met not only with cheer but some booed following the announcement of the royalty. Tiana took a light approach when asked about the booing stating that “I won that’s all I gotta say, y’all can boo as much as you want but that doesn’t change it.”

Nonetheless, the night was filled with joy and memories, as the Dragons capped off the 2024 school year with a night to remember.