56° Sonoma, CA

Dragon's Tale

The Student News Site of Sonoma Valley High School

THE DRAGON'S TALE
THE DRAGON'S TALE

Serving up Memories on Boys Senior Night

Chris Lopez

With the seniors wrapping up an amazing season, the Dragons played their second year in the sport, aiming for 5th place in the North Bay League with a record of (5-7). Tristan Estrada (Junior) has the most digs in the league, while others show immense talent for the sport. Seniors Andre Armstrong, Jesus Alvarez, and Damian Ramirez Long all said their farewells to playing for the team and had their ceremony on Senior Night with a game against American Canyon. Unfortunately, the Dragons only won the last set but had a fierce game, losing by 7 at most in the third set but less than 5 in the other two sets. The young team lost 23-25 in the first set, won the second set with a score of 25-20, then lost the third 18-25. Finalizing the game with a fourth set of 23-25. The team showed tremendous effort, not letting American Canyon win easily in a game full of highlights on both ends. The game marks an ending for the seniors, with their final home game being played and a ceremony held for them with a welcoming goodbye from parents and supporters.