71° Sonoma, CA

Dragon's Tale

The Student News Site of Sonoma Valley High School

THE DRAGON'S TALE
THE DRAGON'S TALE

Treading Along with the Track Team

John Litzenberg
John Litzenberg

The SVHS track team has had many hurdles this season, one of them being the lack of members on the team only leaving them with one win against Petaluma High. The win consisted of the Dragons having more people running hurdles and relays. While they may be struggling behind other schools, many are finding hope for next year with the abundance of underclassmen.

Most of the track team is made up of juniors, with few underclass members and no seniors. Many of the team members are expressing their hope for next year, due to the track team being mostly made up of juniors and underclassmen.

“To see more people join next year, our team has a lot of potential but not enough people” stated captain Kendall Clemons, junior. This gives a good outlook for next year since many are finding the joy in “hanging out with friends and doing the events,” commented  Kyle Nield, a junior on the team. Others are also enjoying the friendships they have made along the way. 

“I like the people this year, especially the sprinters,” mentioned Solace Schnabel, freshman. Many members plan on returning next year, hoping it will be their best year. Many can agree that the team does need more people to join next year to give them a better chance at meets.

Clemons went on to say, “we need more people so we can earn more points and have a fun team since most of our seniors will soon be gone in the upcoming year”.

Because of the small number of team members, there are just some events that cannot be run such as the pole vault. The track team has, nonetheless, persevered and has made the most out of their 2024 season.