53° Sonoma, CA

Dragon's Tale

The Student News Site of Sonoma Valley High School

THE DRAGON'S TALE
THE DRAGON'S TALE

Snow Fun in the Drift

Presley

With the winter season comes great fun whether you are at home or lucky enough to get to the snow to have some winter fun on the slopes. The winter snow storms have brought good blankets of powder to the slopes. Bryan Allegreto, the Forecast writer on palisadestahoe.com, gives a run down on the 2023-2024 season of snowfall Tahoe has gotten so far. From the timepoint of October’s first snows to the current month of February, Allegreto’s total inches of snowfall amounts have concluded to around 270” of snow. It can be concluded that Tahoe has been able to get over 60+ feet of snow this 2023 season and continues now into 2024. With these wonderful snowfall conditions come some downsides to them, such as the ski resort Palisades Tahoe (formerly Squaw Valley) having two avalanches due to major snowfall this season. Not only did the snow conditions cause alarming conditions on the mountain but they also prohibited many riders from even being able to to travel on the roads to enjoy the snow. Although conditions prohibited many, there were some pockets of time people were able to take advantage of the breaks in the snowfall and get up to the snow. For instance, some of our very own students recently traveled up to the north side of the lake indulging in ski resort Northstar’s amazing snow on both the front and back sides of the mountain. Whether it be from through the trees to riding on top of the boxes in the park, Seniors Siena Hoban, Trinity Wilkens, Alex Groth, Cooper Groth, Matt Jordan, Lee Scott, and Vicotria Magnani, were doing it.