77° Sonoma, CA

Dragon's Tale

The Student News Site of Sonoma Valley High School

THE DRAGON'S TALE
THE DRAGON'S TALE

Cozy Closets

Alex Anderson
Jackson Nail and Trinity Wilkens in their warm comfy clothes
Ben Methner in his fall attire. (Alex Anderson)

As the weather gets cold, students change their attire, transforming their closets to fit the chilly fall breeze. Returning from last fall, Ugg slippers are in full swing, with many students sporting the fuzzy shoes. Alex Groth, senior, exclaimed that he “really want[s] a good pair of Ugg slippers because they complete every fit!” Charlotte King and Riley Hartnett, both sophomores, claim that their favorite fall shoes are the “Ultra Mini Uggs.”

Many students’ Christmas wish lists include clothes to bundle up. Cooper Groth, senior, stated, “I really want a good cardigan for Christmas to keep warm.” Fiona Lynch, sophomore, explained she “wishes [she] could pull off a sweater vest paired with light wash jeans, [she] really [likes] that look.”

While temperatures continue to drop in the last stretch before Winter break, cozy go-to’s are essential to stay warm during these colder months. Cooper Groth, senior, says “Whenever it gets cold I like to break out my trusty Costco blue flannel.” However, Hank Portello, senior, says “I don’t have any outfits, I’ve been wearing the same clothes since sophomore year!” As the weather starts to shift to winter, Ben Methner, a sophomore, says his favorite outfit to wear is a “puffer jacket, a warm beanie, and some jeans.”

Pajamas are what really make up this cozy season, combining both comfort and warmth at home as well as at school. Abby Janson, senior, says her favorite pajamas to wear are “sweatpants and any long shirt because it’s comfy.” Tommy McCabe, also a senior, says his favorite pajama outfit is his “plaid cozy pants with a hoodie or comfy t-shirt.”

Recent trends such as scarves and leg warmers have been seen in student’s winter wardrobes. Sophomore Sammy McGrane, says she prefers “scarves because it’s more stylish.” On the simpler side, senior Kenny Hunt chooses his “faded gray Carhartt hoodie, or [his] parka.” Both styles can be practical and comfortable for the dropping temperatures, it’s all a matter of preference. 

Not just students have been figuring out their fall and winter outfits. Staff member, Ms. Pencil, shares that she wears “a pull-over, long sleeve, jeans and uggs, and [her] thermal underwear.” Since she has to be outside for the majority of the day, it’s important for her to wear layers. 

Whether it’s brand new Uggs or old sweaters from years ago, students and staff at SVHS have a variety of styles and preferences that work for them during these cold seasons. Part of what makes fashion interesting and fun is the diversity of everybody’s wardrobes, no matter if they are simple or complex.