Student Artists Celebrated in Annual Showcase

SVHS presented the Visual Arts and Career Tech Electives Showcase, where students can exhibit their creative projects and art for students, parents, and teachers to view or purchase, in Golton Hall from April 4-6.

Art show awards were granted near the end of the event. A variety of titles were awarded to the student artists, with Best of Show being given to senior Antonia Valente. The other titles won include Tilly Francis with Rookie of the Year, Payden Ihrig for Best Illustration, Rowan Winslow for Best Digital Print, Sid Chapin for Best Painting, Daniel Pucci for Best Jewelry, Lucas Stevenson for Best Metalworking, Joselyn Perez Chavez for Best Drawing, Maria Dalakianis for Best Sculpture, Maddy Plaskett for Best Photo, Jakob Jimenez Daly for The Fichman Memorial Award, and Sam Pierce, Tilly Francis, Antonia Valente, and Genevieve Smith being endowed with the Administrative Award.

Best Overall Body of Work and Best Mixed Media winner, Grace Atkinson, senior, commented on her wins in the show, explaining that she had been “waiting for it the whole year, and it was motivating” her to excel in her artwork throughout the school year. When asked if she would consider pursuing art in the future, Atkinson expressed she hopes to “continue doing art as a hobby or side job” in the future.

The art showcase is an opportunity for students to display their work throughout the school year in their art and career tech classes. During the event, Golton Hall was filled with a plethora of student-made photographs, vases, plushies, paintings, and more, marked with the name and grades of the students they belonged to and their prices if they were up for sale.

Golton Hall was open to students throughout the day, with teachers having the option to bring their classes to walk through the gallery. The gallery was open to the public on April 4-5 from 3:15 to 5 p.m. The following day, the gallery was open to the public from 3:15 to 6 p.m., with a closing ceremony from 6 to 7 p.m.

Peers, teachers, and parents enjoyed seeing the student body’s artistic endeavors in the temporary art gallery set up in Golton Hall.