Students Saver Convention 2023

SVHS’s Convention is one of the biggest highlights of the year. The event took place the week before spring break, on March 7. Although only two slates participated in the traditional election ceremony, the festivities brought school spirit to an all-time high. 

Due to Covid, this year’s Convention is the first one SVHS has had in person in the past two years. Because of this, a majority of the student body were first-timers at the annual event. 

Many people were excited because of the events which included fuzzing, the lip sync battle, the rap, roasts, and more. Junior Jasmine Jauregui said she had “never experienced it and [was] most excited to see the activities and who wins.” 

Upon entering Golton Hall, students were able to feel the electricity and excitement that Leadership and slate members created. Freshman Vanessa Gomez says that she was most excited to see “the school spirit.” 

At Convention, a fan favorite activity was and will forever be fuzzing. Senior security guards in association with senior fuzziers were thrilled to spread a friendly spirit among the students in attendance at the event. Freshman Teagan Rose explained her excitement came from “… seeing everyone fuzzed.” 

The competition between the slates is always an exciting battle to see. Both slates had loyal supporters since the beginning of their campaigns, and specifically one supporter, freshman Steven Canon, wanted to see “Slate One win.” 

Although we have to say goodbye to our current slate, slate one will do a phenomenal job next school year.