Community Resources Guide Students Through Finals

SVHS finals week is quickly approaching, marking the end of the first semester of the 2021-22 school year. For underclassmen, this may be a frightening time, as the absence of finals during distance learning last year left students unprepared for high school exams. 

This year, like most, teachers are working to provide several resources that will help students succeed in finals through tutoring, study time, and answering questions.

The Link Crew club hosts their study event called “Cookies and Cram” which is dedicated to freshman students who are looking for support in reviewing material for final exams. Teachers and Link Crew Leaders provide students with cookies, milk, and other treats to create a fun and comfortable space for students to study. They can receive extra credit in some of their classes by attending cookies and cram, and are encouraged to talk to their teachers about subjects they find challenging as finals approach. 

A new program on campus this year is the teacher-lead DARC support network. During zero period, students can visit for a safe and quiet environment to ask questions and finish work. Some of the teachers leading this program are Mr. Gibson and Ms. Rivara.

Through the Sonoma County Library partnership and Sonoma County schools, students can go into any county library and receive a library card through their student identification number. This gives them access to the many resources the library offers, including the library’s online homework help site that is open from 1-10pm Sunday through Saturday. Students can meet with a real tutor online and get help in any subject they may struggle with. 

These resources are found either in town or on campus. Our teachers are here to support students, and communicating with them is important. Good luck on finals Dragons!