Traveling For Turkey Day!

With bags packed or ready for a staycation in the valley, SVHS students are anticipating the approaching week of freedom. However, each person has different ways they will spend their break.

Freshman Carson Raaka explains “I’m going to have some fun and eat some snacks. I’m also going to San Francisco!” Many students plan to go out of town, like Junior Kaylie Barrera. She smiles with anticipation as she describes, “I’m going on a Disney Cruise from Florida to the Bahamas. I’m excited to sit by the pool and read my book for Ms. Manchester’s class.”

However, some students might not be going somewhere as distant. Junior Luis Gonzalez utters, “I have no plans for break. I just want to catch up on sleep.” In Sonoma Valley, there are many fun opportunities for students to participate in during break.

In Santa Rosa on Nov. 17 at 1 p.m., the Charles M. Schulz Museum will recreate Snoopy’s classic Thanksgiving meal of toast, popcorn, and jellybeans. Cold Stone Creamery will provide an ice cream dessert! It’s a fun, family-friendly activity that can add more memories to your break.

After a Snoopy Thanksgiving, prepare for another bright Plaza; on Nov. 17 at 5 p.m. Sonoma will hold the annual lighting. Free holiday treats like hot chocolate, cider, and cookies will also be offered!