55° Sonoma, CA

Dragon's Tale

The Student News Site of Sonoma Valley High School

THE DRAGON'S TALE
THE DRAGON'S TALE

Fiesta de Noche Latina: A Celebration of Culture and Community

Slate+2+posing+with+the+banda+at+Noche+Latina.+
Vicky Hernandez
Slate 2 posing with the banda at Noche Latina.

Occurring at the Boys & Girls Club on April 6th, Noche Latina was filled with the spirit of students celebrating Hispanic culture through the Banda, delicious tacos, and a strong sense of community. The night was planned by Slate 2 and Leadership to celebrate Latinx heritages at our school. 

According to Ms. Rivara, Leadership teacher, “It was an awesome event.” Unfortunately, Leadership did not turn a profit. Rivara explains that “the three Latino clubs were selling paletas, fruit cups, aguas frescas, and tacos.” She was thrilled that the event celebrated Latino culture and provided an opportunity for students who don’t regularly attend events. 

The students that attended were very impressed with the food and live music and how well the night was run. Leo Perez, senior, expressed that it was “very inclusive” and had “many ethnicities there.” Additionally, Genevieve Smith, senior, explained that “there were lots of activities to do.” Alice Turner, sophomore, said, “it was a blast!” 

While the night was enjoyed by students, Leadership expected a higher turnout to cover the expenses associated with the catering and band. Overall, it was a great event that brought our community together and celebrated Hispanic culture at our school.