59° Sonoma, CA

Dragon's Tale

The Student News Site of Sonoma Valley High School

THE DRAGON'S TALE
THE DRAGON'S TALE

All Love on the Boys’ Tennis Team

The+boys+tennis+team+holds+up+their+Ws+after+their+win+against+Casa+Grade+
Mia Lucchetti
The boys’ tennis team holds up their W’s after their win against Casa Grade

The boys’ tennis team at SVHS isn’t just about forehands and backhands; it’s a tight-knit group of individuals who share a passion for the sport and a bond that extends beyond the courts. 

From intense matches to camaraderie-filled practices, this team embodies the spirit of teamwork, friendship, and love for tennis.

For many of the players, joining the tennis team was natural. Charlie Giller and Alex Groth recall how the camaraderie of their friends, particularly with Walt, drew them to sign up for the team. Trent Ohman’s passion for the game was his driving force, then there’s Thomas Carrilo, whose response shows a deeper connection to the team’s dynamics and perhaps an inside joke known only to him and his teammates through a term commonly said by the team, “Kna mean”.

Practice sessions with the boys’ tennis team are anything but mundane. Alex Groth describes them as the highlight of his days, filled with energy and excitement. On the other hand, Noah paints a picture of calm and ease, where practice combines moments of friendly banter and relaxation. It’s a blend of intensity and levity that keeps the team engaged and motivated.

But beyond the thrill of competition and the rigor of practice, it’s the friendships forged on the courts that define this team. Whether it’s riding to away games in Walt’s van, hanging out together, or sharing laughs during practice, these boys have formed bonds that extend far beyond their tennis matches.

For Charlie, Alex, Trent, Noah, and Thomas, the boys’ tennis team isn’t just about hitting balls and scoring points—it’s about shared experiences, lifelong memories, and the joy of pursuing a passion alongside friends.

As the tennis season progresses at SVHS, one thing is certain: win or lose, these boys are in it together, serving up not just aces, but also a testament to the power of camaraderie and friendship on and off the courts.