66° Sonoma, CA

Dragon's Tale

The Student News Site of Sonoma Valley High School

THE DRAGON'S TALE
THE DRAGON'S TALE

Lady Dragons Swing For The Fences

The SVHS softball team swings into action as they start their 2024 season. Coming off of a 12-13 record in the 2022-2023 season, the Dragons are looking forward to dominating on the diamond. With two seniors committed to playing at the next level, Kassedy Midgley, going to Sterling College and Kayla Amormino, going to Dominican University of Illinois, they plan to lead the team to success.

Starting off the season against Rancho Cotate, the Dragons fell 3-6 but bounced back with four straight wins. With a four game winning streak, the Dragons faced San Rafael, yielding the win to them 0-2. With their win streak at an end, they played with a chip on their shoulder and beat San Marin 5-1. Coming up on their last preseason game, the Dragons face Cardinal Newman resulting in a loss of 2-4, but rising sophomore Sofia DeTorres hits one over the fence for her first home run of her varsity career.

The Lady Dragons are now headed into league, looking forward to hopefully hanging up the VVAL pennant at the end of the season. As the season progresses, the team continues to impress with their skill, teamwork, and unwavering dedication. With each game, they not only play to win but also to demonstrate the true heart of the sport. Good luck to the Lady Dragons on the rest of their season.