64° Sonoma, CA

Dragon's Tale

The Student News Site of Sonoma Valley High School

THE DRAGON'S TALE
THE DRAGON'S TALE

Meet the 2023 Homecoming Candidates

Alex Anderson

Homecoming activities are stirring up as the royalty candidates have been chosen! Twelve contenders have been nominated and are awaiting the upcoming activities that will determine the 2023 Homecoming royalty. But before you vote, here are a few interesting facts about the nominees.

Homecoming candidate Ingrid Derby will run alongside the Slate Financial Advisor Connor Cheeseman for Homecoming royalty. When asked about her most significant competitor, Ingrid claims “Vicky is the Student Voice, so she’s most known around school.” While Connor predicts Andrew Bonfigli to be his best competition. Ingrid and Connor agreed they were excited to “ride in one of the old vintage cars” in the Homecoming parade.

Declaring her royal status this upcoming Halloween, Ingrid is going as Cinderella alongside her friends who will be other fairy tale princesses. While Connor is going as “Slash from Guns and Roses.” Ingrid’s dream car is a “convertible buggie in a pale blue or yellow color,” and Connor’s is a Chevy Stingray. If Ingrid was an animal, she would be “a dolphin because they have a community and [she] would love to explore the ocean and see its beauty,” and Connor believes he would be a pigeon. 

Student Voice and nominee Victoria Hernandez will be paired with Student Activities Director Deyanira Arteaga. As a Homecoming nominee, Victoria is most eager to participate in the Homecoming parade and see the completed floats. She anticipates Andrew Bonfigli to be their biggest contender. Victoria’s dream car is a “McLaren GT70 or a Porsche.” If Victoria were an animal, she would be a “colorful parrot.”

Fierce competitor Andrew Bonfigli will run alongside friend and classmate Lee Scott. These two engage in a friendly rivalry as Lee claims his biggest competitor to be his partner, “because I’ve always been super competitive, and I want to beat him in everything.” While Andrew responded, “Everyone, because everyone’s lit.” Lee is most looking forward to the roast, where candidates participate in a game of light-hearted mockery with their opponents. Andrew is most excited to stand on the field alongside his fellow competitors when the royalty is announced. 

Lee’s dream car is an “FJ40 Landcruiser” and Andrew’s is a “1969 K5 Blazer.”.On Halloween night, Andrew is dressing for the occasion as Guy Fieri or Billy Idol, and Lee will accompany him on a motorcycle ride. If Andrew were an animal, he would be a koala, and due to his “upbeat and nice personality,” Lee would be a golden retriever.

Alexandra Franco is paired with Alexandra Lucas Lopez for homecoming royalty. Alexandra Franco believes her biggest competitors to be Deyanira and Victoria. Alexandra Franco’s most anticipated activity is the homecoming broadcast. Alexandra Franco’s dream car is a “white Mercedes,” and her Halloween costume will be Cowgirl Barbie. If Alexandra were an animal, she would be a butterfly because “they go through different stages of transformation that represent my growth throughout my high school years.”

Vanessa Mercado will be running with Ana Tapia for homecoming royalty.

Now it’s up to you Dragons! Make sure to get your votes in before the homecoming game where they will be announced on Friday the 27. Who will be your 2023 Homecoming royalty?