Student Film Fest Makes Their Final Cut

A long standing tradition at the high school continued this year on May 15th, the school’s well known film fest. This year’s production was held in the little theater thanks to the leadership class, Mrs. Martin as well as Mr. Hansen, and several advanced video students. Around twenty student films were shown ranging from sports montages to romantic movies, students were able to display their talent and the renowned film program. 

The event had more than just student films. There was popcorn offered before the production started and pizza given out once it was finished. The crowd of around 100 enjoyed the films and the event in all. 

Of the many films, this crowd voted for “Best Visuals,” “Best Sound” and “Best Cinematography.” The film “Bad Knight in Gotham” by Adriel Velazques won both “Best Visuals” and“Best Sound,” and Richie Cross’ film “Obedience” won “Best Cinematography.”

Students enjoyed this production that proudly came together at the last minute. This was also a way in which our school community could pridefully honor Mr. Hansen and his return to school. He has supported the schools video arts program for years and has always put together a successful year of student films.

The night was an overall success, as Mr. Hansen explained, “I thought the film fest was a complete success because of the familiarity of the theater, the diversity of genres, and primarily the hard work of leadership pulling it all together.”